“You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.” – Paulo Coelho
First, let me thank you for visiting this site and for taking time to read this post. I’ve always wanted a website of my own to share my life experiences and adventures but I got very busy that this has not become the top priority of my day-to-day activities. It was a high school dream come true through the help of a good friend Lovely Joy Tanap of Zion Digital Solutions. Thank you Joy! This will not be possible if not for your good heart.
This blog site launch is actually very timely and very heart warming because it fell under my birth month August. I am very enthralled to launch this project amongst other ideas I have in mind. This year has been a roller coaster ride (most years are tbh) but August has been good to me which I am very grateful for. (More than the material gifts, it is the love of my family, friends and Rem).
As I turn a year older, I want to impart some of the things I have learned/practice in my life. Some may be trivial or too good to be true but I’d like to believe to attribute what I am now to these mantras.
Disclaimer: The number of items below are not tantamount to my age 😀 #iykwim 🙂
- It’s okay to say NO. Those two words are very powerful and empowering.
- Doesn’t mean you say NO to something means you are being a b*tch. You may just know your self worth enough to not settle for something you don’t want to waste your time on.
- Your time is one of the most expensive commodities you can ever give to anyone/anything. Spend it wisely. You cannot get it back once spent.
- Do not ever feel guilty of spending your time to tend to yourself/well-being.
- Do not forget to love yourself amongst anything/anyone else. While selfless love is heavily praised, not loving yourself is a recipe for discontentment and sadness in life. Remember, self love is not being selfish.
- Never rely your happiness on material things.
- Never depend your happiness on anyone. One should learn to be happy and contented in solitude.
- Love yourself so much first before you decide to love another person. And by loving yourself I meant 100% really loving thyself — not any percentage lower.
- Do not ever think of yourself as someone waiting for another to fill the emptiness within. Doing so will never make you feel whole, especially when that person decides to leave. Take time to figure out to be complete first before deciding to impart your life with another person.
- Marriage is not the end goal in life. There is more to life than getting married and having children — you’re the writer of your own life. Do not let society pressure you on this. Every one’s story is unique.
- Quiet moments are necessary in life. Learn to quiet the noises that is surrounding your world be it in your physical environment, circle of friends or social media. Learn to protect your sanity by taking time to reflect and evaluate your decisions in life.
- What you see on social media are mostly curated posts. You don’t have to feel less because your life is nowhere near your good friends/people you look up to. Always remember you are a unique individual and no one controls your life but yourself.
- It if fits, it’s meant for you. What is meant for you will never feel forced. So feel free to walk away from someone or something if it ever feels like you have to exert more effort than necessary to make it work.
- Sometimes the universe will remove you from a situation because it has a way better place for you to be at.
- Find a job that you’re very happy to be at that it will never feel it’s a job.
- Find your passion/s.
- Never stop learning. Be it a new skill, a new book to read, or mastering what talent you have at the moment. Just never let stagnation get the best of you. You are way more than that.
- Whenever you feel you’re nowhere near being successful, look back to the old you 10 years ago.
- No one has their sh*t figured out. Don’t ever pressure yourself by figuring out what you want in life in one go. Enjoy the journey because that is what life is — it’s not a destination.
- Stay humble all the time. Humility comes a long way.
- Empathy is free but not everyone knows how to offer it genuinely. Be someone who sincerely gives empathy when needed.
- Always choose to be the bigger person no matter how hard it is.
- When someone have wronged you, turn the other cheek.
- Learn to be compassionate to yourself and to others.
- Everyone has their limits but if you ever feel like you wanted to talk back to someone who’s pushing your buttons, stop and breathe. Then decide if you want to stoop down to their level or communicate what you wanted to in a calm manner.
- Get a dog and love it with all your heart. They will never break yours.
- Having a small circle of friends who truly cares for you is far better than being surrounded with a huge crowd who doesn’t really know you nor care for your well-being.
- Learn to protect your energy. Like your time, do not let other people waste it. Share it only to those who deserves it.
- Family is very important. Do not neglect them nor take them for granted.
- Find your tribe and stick with them 😉 #NTSweat #FJSecOPs #WarnerBros #WonderPetz
- Do not forget to be grateful of what you have now. Whenever you feel sad about not having the latest sneakers or gadget, imagine how grateful other kids are with just eating 3x a day. Practice gratitude. (Not bad to give gratuity from time to time too. See the wordplay there? 😛 )
- A smile that comes from the heart is far better than any make up. Wear it every day. 🙂
- You don’t need to speak up about your achievements and success. People will speak about it for you. Again, humility.
- Earning a lot of money is not the end goal in life.
- People are not things you can use and throw when you feel they have no use in your life anymore. Remember karma is a b*tch. 🙂 What goes around comes around.
- Travel alone atleast once in your lifetime. You will discover a lot in your self you never know existed.
- Take the road less traveled.
- Be as resilient as a bamboo.
- Focus on substance than appearance.
- Be patient in life and also in working out. Flexibility, strength and endurance is not achieved overnight. Work it with all your a** and trust the process. No shortcuts!
- If you really want something, all the universe will conspire in helping you achieve it. – Paulo Coelho
Pretty sure I miss out on a lot but those first 41 are part of what I try to practice and follow through in my life (and some bucket list?). I’m not a saint (nor a life coach or guru) and sometimes I fall short too but it’s a guide for me when I sometimes forget to be the bigger person. I hope somehow you get a thing or two! 🙂
Thank you for all the birthday greetings! 🙂